Investor
Name: Elvix Sampedro
Company Name: novaTEK

Drop-down list field shows a non-existent value

Post by elviseras »

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but in my RK installation the following happens:

The following field consists of a drop-down list with the following values:
Status_Field_ChoicesConfig.jpg
However, when I create a new record and display the field, the following appears:
Status_Drop_List.jpg
As you can see, the value "Almacén CRTVG" that is first added, and however is not included in the possible config values of these field ¿?. This value existed previously but was removed from the list of values because it is no longer needed. Also, there are not records that has that selected value from before...

That could be happening?? Is there a parameter that I may have misconfigured?

Regards
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Re: Drop-down list field shows a non-existent value

Post by support »

Have no idea, try to refresh page and try again. Might you are using global list?
elviseras
Investor
Investor

Post by elviseras »

Hi,

I have already checked both. I do not have global lists and I have also deleted the cache and tried it in several browsers (Chrome, Firefox and Opera)

Is there anything else I can try? Any log or bbdd record to check?

Thanks in advance..
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Post by support »

But it's impossible, if you don't have row in database they will not show in dropdown. What If you will add new option?
elviseras
Investor
Investor

Post by elviseras »

Hi, It is already solved, Sergey... and I explain it below because I think it can happen to other users too ....

In the definition of values of the list, the first of them was selected as the default value with "Is default?" option enabled. This is normal and Ok, but the problem comes because additionally in config field info window there was the bad text value "Almacén CRTVG" in "Default Text" box... (in this way there is a redundancy of values selected as "predetermined", they are different and second value does not correspond with any of the list ... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The problem is caused in origin by having duplicated the instance from another with different values in the field...

My apologies for not having seen it before and thanks for the help ...I hope I have explained correctly

Regards