Ext Pivot Tables Report

elviseras
Investor
Investor
Name: Elvix Sampedro
Company Name: novaTEK

Ext Pivot Tables Report

Post by elviseras »

Hi, I think there is some kind of bug in the generation of graphic Pivot Tables Reports (Extension Plugin --> Reports --> Pivot Tables)....When generating a Pivot Table Report the following happens to me (I have tested on several client PCs and in several different browsers)

1.- If I select one of the first 5 types of graphic tables in the list (Table, Table BarChart, HeatMap, Row HeatMap or Col Heatmap), the different drop-down lists overlap each other ... However, the printing is correct...
DropDownList_Overlapping_Error.png
2.- When selecting one of the last 5 types of graphic diagrams (Line Chart, Bar Chart, Stacked Bar Chart, Area Chart or TSV Export), the drop-down lists are sorted and displayed well, but when you try to print the page it goes blank
BlankPage_Error.png
Could it be some error in my installation of RK?

regards
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Re: Ext Pivot Tables Report

Post by support »

I can't reproduce it. Which browser do you use?
elviseras
Investor
Investor

Post by elviseras »

Hi Sergey,

I have already tested it in several computers on Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Microsoft Edge (Win clients) and it goes through both RK deployed on an Ubuntu Linux server and a Windows WAMP that I have also configured to test ... I have also tried it with PHP 7.0, PHP 7.2 and PHP 5.6 ... Same result in all cases ...

I have also seen that in the first case (Point 1) it only occurs when the table is small in size, (that is it seems to be a problem of positioning the drop-down lists according to screen size or resolution vs table size)...

But what is really important for us is point 2 error that always happens in any of the cases that I have tried. Page always goes blank when trying to print the report

I can give you an administrator access to the platform by PM if necessary

Thanks in advance
elviseras
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

1) "it only occurs when the table is small in size" can you explain more, please?
2) just use Ctrl+p to use default print page function.
elviseras
Investor
Investor

Post by elviseras »

1) See images below...
Small_Width_Pivot_Table.png
Big_Width_Pivot_Table.png
2) Yes, with Ctrl+P all types of reports are printed, but the problem of using Ctrl+P is that there is no control over the sizes and data of the page to be printed and it is very difficult to adjust page size to the size of graphics or tables since it depends on each print driver, browser and screen resolution... (while on the print button it prints only the graphic or table and automatically adjusts it to the page size)

Would it be possible in any case to have a button to export graphic/table as .jpg or .png instead of a print button??... This would solve the imcompatibilities of sizes and pages since normally what needs to be extracted is only the graph/table to be embedded in another external report or document along with other data (And for the printing function the command Ctrl + P could always be used as you suggest)

regards
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

I will do more test and try to reproduce this issue.

Current graphic not supported to save as png. You can capture screen to get image as you need.

I will think about solution to save chart as png.
elviseras
Investor
Investor

Post by elviseras »

Ok, many thanks Sergey!!