Cannot import field with type "Entity" when it references a numeric type field

Any critical bugs will be fixed within 24-48 hours.
andrewhotlab
Name: Andrew Hotlab

Cannot import field with type "Entity" when it references a numeric type field

Post by andrewhotlab »

We just discovered this issue by importing into an entity named "Accounts" the following data from .xlsx:

Code: Select all

CustomerCode, Amount
"CustomerCode" field is set as "Entity", and it references the entity "Customers", whose heading field is "CustomerCode".

The problem is that the first field from the Excel file is not imported when the "CustomerCode" field type is set as "Input Numeric Field", while it works when we define it as "Input Field"... is it the expected behavior?

rmcdonald
Sponsor
Sponsor
Name: Robert McDonald
Company Name: Unicloud

Re: Cannot import field with type "Entity" when it references a numeric type field

Post by rmcdonald »

Is the field you refer to the heading field ? if so you can only import when the heading field is an input field (for multilevel imports) other fields will import as long as they are not the heading field

andrewhotlab
Name: Andrew Hotlab

Re: Cannot import field with type "Entity" when it references a numeric type field

Post by andrewhotlab »

Thank you Robert, I'm not sure what you mean in your question... I can confirm that the "CustomerCode" field is marked as "heading" in the "Customers" entity, but it is not in the "Accounts" entity. However, the behavior does not change even when I mark it as "heading" also in the "Accounts" entity.

And I have the same behavior when I set the "heading" flag of another field in the "Customers" entity. Thus the only way to have "CustomerCode" data imported seems to be this: set the type of that field as "Input field" in the "Customers" entity.

If it is the right behavior, it's OK for me... I guess that the import procedure cannot validate the data against the input type of a referenced field.

rmcdonald
Sponsor
Sponsor
Name: Robert McDonald
Company Name: Unicloud

Post by rmcdonald »

Hi that is correct , to import ALL heading fields can only be field type "Input Field"