Filter by FROM date TO date issue

Ask your questions here.
Eddy
Name: Eduardo

Filter by FROM date TO date issue

Post by Eddy »

Hi Sergey and Ruko community

I am wondering if you have come across this same issue. My company financial year runs from the 1st of July to the 30th of June.

Today I was looking for all the projects that we started on the 1st July until today. I have a date field that keeps the projet's start date and that is different to the created day, automatically generated by the system.

I added a filter by dates and entered the dates From: 2019-07-01 To: 2019-11-19

The issue is that the search is leaving out the only project we started on the 2019-07-01. If I change the search to start From: 2019-06-30 the project is displayed but the obvious problem is that I also have projects that I don't want in my list. I have checked the most obvious things like re-entering the dates and looking at default filters but nothing is jumping at me as wrong.

Could this be a bug?

Thanks
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Re: Filter by FROM date TO date issue

Post by support »

Please provide screenshot of filters setup and listing result.
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

Figure 1 shows the filter settings that I need.
Figure 2 the list results. Notice Project 471 missing from the list
Figure 3 shows the filter settings when I change the date to the 30th of June instead of the 1st of July
Figure 4 shows the list result. Here project 471 is listed and the show start date is correct (01/07/2019)

Additonal information:

My database relation is one to many (each show may have one or more projects), so the Show Start date is part of the parent fields. Also, and I don't know if this is relevant, this particular show has only one projet associated.
Attachments
Figure1.jpg
Figure2.jpg
Figure3.jpg
Figure4.jpg
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Strange, just did test and can't reproduce this issue.

Stat Date field is date field or date with time?
Attachments
screenshot-localhost-2019.11.19-19_13_00.png
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

It is a date with a calendar picker, but the field is defined as parent so that is is one to many. The list is looking for all projects for which the show (parent) start date are between the 1st of July and today. It also happen tobe that this show in particular only has one project.
Attachments
filter.jpg
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

I think the whole issue has to do with the filter using the parent start date. I managed to recreate the issue with a fresh installation of Ruko ver 2.5 (haven't had the chance to update it to 2.5.2, but it is doing the same as in my main application which is using the latest version).

In these pictures the date format is m/d/Y as per default installation. I added two projects: Project 1 and Project 2. Project 1 has start date July the first (07/01/2019) and Project 2 August the first (08/01/2019). I then added two tasks to Project 1 and one task to project 2. Note that I added a Value from parent entity field to display the Project's Start Date as part of the Task list. When I filter the task list using the Project's Start Date field FROM 2019-07-01 TO 2019-11-19 the two tasks from Project 1 are not shown. If I use FROM 2019-06-30 they do. It's like the filter is using more than instead of more than and equal.
Attachments
Figure11.jpg
Figure12.jpg
Figure13.jpg
Figure14.jpg
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Wait when 2.6 beta will be released and report me if issue still exist.
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

Okay no problem