Add attachment with automated email

Ask your questions here.
dhickey76
Name: Damien
Company Name: Techtop Canada

Add attachment with automated email

Post by dhickey76 »

Is it possible to include an attachment in an automated email response? I have a customer database that sends an email notification to customers asking them to fill out a pdf form. I know I can upload the form to the entry and send it using the email sending rules. But is there a way I can do this without uploading the pdf file every time? Could the pdf file be stored in a separate database and pulled into the automated email?

Emails are triggered using status changes.

Stage 1 - Sales rep enters customer information in Ruko (Pending)
Stage 2 - Accounting checks information and assigns customer code in Ruko (Open)
Stage 3 - Credit reference is received (pdf form) and account is updated in Ruko (Active)

At Stage 2 I am sending an email asking them to complete the credit reference form. Right now I manually attach the form before triggering the status change and sending the automated email. Is there a way to attach the pdf form automatically?

If there was an option to attach the file in the email rule (not relying on the record) that would be the easiest solution.

Thanks!
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Re: Add attachment with automated email

Post by support »

You can upload pdf file on your server and in email provide just link to this file.
dhickey76
Name: Damien
Company Name: Techtop Canada

Re: Add attachment with automated email

Post by dhickey76 »

Yup that would do it .. lol

Thanks for keeping it simple Sergey! :D