MYSQL QUERY HELP

Ask your questions here.
gpmio
Name: Guy Miotke
Company Name: Fat Lip Marketing

MYSQL QUERY HELP

Post by gpmio »

I am totally lost as to what the fields need in the MySQL Query (if this is even what I need to be using) so that I can return a field in one Entity into another entity.

I want to enter a client in the projects entity. I am using an Entity field with filters set to "client". I am getting what I want and I can select the client that this project is going to be done for. I also want to return the client's company name as frankly this is what I actually want to be "selectable" in the first place.

Can someone reply with the actual text I would type in each field in the MySQL Query set up fields? Or if I am totally not supposed to use this then how do I return the company name to the projects by milestone entity

Here is the dialog window
dialog window.jpg
Here is the structure (note that I am working in Projects by milestone)
structure.jpg
Here is the fields within the user Entity
parent fields.jpg
And here is the fields in the Projects by milestone Entity
project fields.jpg
antevasin
Name: Spencer Crocker
Company Name: Unicloud

Re: MYSQL QUERY HELP

Post by antevasin »

Try using a Ajax Request field instead.
Change your [500] CO Name field to an Ajax Request and use the following PHP code.

Code: Select all

// as your client is actually a user we will call the ID of your selected client the $user_id
$user_id = [491];
// query the users entity for the company name of the selected client/user
$user_query = db_query("SELECT field_214 FROM app_entity_1 WHERE id = " . $user_id );
// so we don't get an error with no client selected we preset the $value for when the db query returns Null
$value = 'Client is not set';
if ( $user = db_fetch_array( $user_query ) )
{
  // get the users company name
  $value = $user['field_214'];
}
// show the company name on the form
echo $value;
// save the company name to the database
$form_field_value = $value;
You say you are really only interested in the company name so why not use a dropdown populated with company names from a global list? You could use this in the User entity as well instead of your current input field...